Did you friend request someone on facebook and suddenly regret it? Facebook says you can’t cancel requests, but there’s a simple way to do it.
1. Click on the ‘privacy’ link which is located under setting menu in the upper right hand corner of the page.
2. Go to the section marked ‘Block People’.
3. Enter the name of the recipient and click ‘Block’.
4.Facebook will show you a list of people with the same name or variations of the recipient’s name. Locate the recipient and click ‘Block Person’.
-The recipient is now blocked and will not see your friend request! Congratulations.
-Immediately afterwards, you can unblock the recipient. They will not see the request anymore, but now they can search for you and/or view your profile. This depends on your privacy settings
search friends -on right click on remove request
Here is one other way!
Go to your profile on Facebook, click on your friend lists. And then click on the X icon, Approve cancel request, the person won’t see it and you won’t have to fret about how dumb it was for you to add them.
Next time, think carefully before friend requesting someone who is not guaranteed to accept.
1. Remember that while a person is blocked, they cannot interact with you through any Facebook channels. If you decide you’d rather wait until the friend requests you, you should unblock them as soon as possible.
2. If the person is online while you do this, they may have already seen the request. There’s nothing you can do at that point, unless you have the power to modify memory (pen: =p)
3. Alternatively, if the person sees your request before you have a chance to cancel it, you should still block him or her. Depending on how facebook-savvy the person is, you should be able to convince him or her that they only imagined the request, or that it was some odd thing that happened by accident
4. If the person receives email notifications, they will see your friend request. This is why it’s important to block the person as soon as possible, before Facebook can send them an email
5. Good luck and choose wisely next time!
6. Don’t remove all your friends